Wednesday, 1 June 2016

Vegan Lentil Tomato coconut Dahl recipe

Hello My glamorous friends I hope you all having a wonderful day so far , todays post was going to be vegan Churros however it failed miserably . After me frantically as to I should do for Wednesdays post I came across Tess Begg YouTube channel and she had a Dahl recipe up . So I have used her recipe and added my own little flare too . I hope you enjoy.
ps I will make vegan Churros again do you worry !


Ingredients:
1 medium diced onion
2 minced garlic cloves
SPICES: Adjust spices to suit your taste!
2-3 tsp curry powder
pinch of fresh time
1/2 - 1 tsp turmeric ground
1 stick of cinnamon
1/2 tsp cumin ground
pinch of pepper and salt 
two slices of fresh ginger
1/4 - 1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 - 1 tsp chilli powder
1 cup red lentils
400ml can coconut milk
1/2 cup water or veggie stock
1 can of chopped tomatoes   

Method

On a low heat place the onions and garlic in a pan and while stirring constantly cook till translucent .
Then add in all the spices in the pan and stir well till all the veg are coated with all the spices.
wash the cup of lentils once and then add to the mixture .
Add the coconut milk and cinnamon stick after, that mix till everything is well incorporated .
place the veggie stock in the pan and then add the tomatoes and mix till everything is well combine .
leave to simmer on low heat for 25 min and give a accessional stir here and there .
and serve .

I had my Dahl with rice spinach and white sweet potato and it was amazing !


 
 


Post a Comment
Blog design by aleelily designs | Powered by Blogger.